DELL EMC OCTO (Office of CTO) seeks a Research Intern to join its Advanced Research and Development team.
The OCTO TRIGr (Technology Research and Innovation Group) is chartered to explore latest and cutting-edge technologies, widely ranging from Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Docker, Mesos, Open Stack to Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Blockchain and many other areas that are important to DELL EMC’s future. OCTO is the primary driver behind the company’s technology roadmap and directions, joining this team you have all possibilities to learn and apply those exciting new technologies, and contribute your passion towards hottest energy and turning it into reality and influence not only a big yet agile corporation but also the industry landscape.
What do we need from you?
- Curiosity and passion to learn and try new emerging technologies
- A good team player, technically proficient, especially in cloud native technologies
- A good communicator, eager for success and willing to make innovation impacts
Qualifications and factors for success:
- PhD student in computer science or equivalent
- Mastery of at least one OO programming language (such as C++, Java, Scala, etc.) plus on scripting languages (Python, RoR, PHP, etc.)
- Must be proficient in programming in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with linux kernels is a big plus.
- Experience on micro-services architecture and at least one of cloud native application platform & technologies (e.g., AWS, Open Stack, Cloud Foundry, container technologies, and etc.) is a big plus.
- Experience on heterogeneous systems with GPUs/FPGAs/other accelerators is a big plus.
- Experience on machine learning is a big plus.
- Experience on security domain (network security, big-data security) is a big plus.
- Good skills of communication and presentation in (oral + written) English