with our product development organizations, and with customers, partners, and vendors. We strive to understand new technologies as they emerge in the industry, create exemplary proof of concepts demonstrating the potential of these technologies, and innovate example product use cases that inform Dell product roadmaps and influence customer perceptions.
Work/life balance is important to you.
Conducts independent research in one or more technology areas, with specific focus on advanced software programs and algorithms, to help broaden Dell EMC’s intellectual property portfolio, advance our technology leadership, and influence future product roadmaps. Main duties will include creating functional proof-of-concepts that demonstrate the results of research conducted, along with white papers and/or presentations that outline the innovation of the research.
Research projects will span multiple technological areas, including but not limited to cloud-native infrastructure, machine learning, advanced data protection techniques, containers, microservices, open source, intelligent hardware architecture, network and other emerging technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct study, analyses and proof of concept demonstration of technology trends to understand impact on Dell EMC
- Provide support on technical issues to business organizations
- Deliver technically-focused presentations to internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated history of innovation
- Strong programming and debugging skills in one of the following languages such as Java, Python, C++.
- Research experiences in one or more of the following areas:
- Computer vision, especially 2D/3D sensing, object detection and so on.
- Machine learning, especially deep learning framework
- Knowledge of Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS)
- Communication skills
- Cross-Functional/Team-work skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to independently deliver from idea through design to code completion for proof of concepts
- Fast learner can work independently
Education: Masters and above Students in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Applied Math.